Notice: NaijaGoodies.com.ng has pop ads which means a new tab opens once you click, just click close the new tab and continue browsing.
The US Embassy has issued a countrywide security alert on Nigeria, following the resurgence of Boko Haram attacks in the northern part of the country.
The US Embassy who disclosed that ISIS West Africa (ISWA) and Boko Haram have both stated they plan to disrupt the upcoming 2019 presidential elections by conducting attacks on Nigerian Security and infrastructure, said this was captured in an ISIS propaganda videos specifically directed to Nigeria.
The statement reads in full;
There is an increase in ISIS propaganda videos specifically directed to Nigeria and the ongoing civil unrest in Borno state and the Northeast. ISIS West Africa (ISWA) and Boko Haram have both stated they plan to disrupt the upcoming 2019 presidential elections by conducting attacks on Nigerian Security and infrastructure, as well as places of gathering such as markets, hotels, and malls. While we have no specific threat information to the U.S. Embassy or within Nigeria during the election season, U.S. citizens in Nigeria should remember to follow personal security precautions on a regular basis.
Actions to Take:
- Expect additional police and military checkpoints and possible road blocks throughout the country
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Nigerian visa, if needed
- Exercise caution when walking or driving at night
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, government facilities, places of worship, tourist locations, and transportation hubs
- Review your personal security plans
- Monitor local media for updates.
Leave a Comment