Notice: NaijaGoodies.com.ng has pop ads which means a new tab opens once you click, just click close the new tab and continue browsing.
One of the ways to stand out in a job interview is by asking questions. Yet, many job seekers overlook this important factor.
But, how do you make an interview conservational if you don’t ask questions?
The questions you ask in a job interview can decide whether you will be hired or not.
With this awareness, you have to take your chances and give it your best shot.
However, what are the best questions to ask an interviewer in a job interview?
This article will reveal over 40 best questions to ask an interviewer in your next interview.
Let’s dive in!
Best Questions To Ask An Interviewer In A Job Interview
Please note that these questions are not arranged in any order. Pick the questions as they best fit your situation.
Questions To Ask About The Role
1. What would be my top priority coming into this role?
2. What are the most important skills I need to possess to do well in this job?
3. How does the position fit in relation to the rest of the organization?
4. How do you measure performance and success in this role?
5. When and how is feedback given to me as an employee?
6. What would my day-to-day routine look like if I were hired?
7. How many people will I be working with?
8. Who do I need to report my work progress to weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
9. Has anyone failed in this position, and why?
10. How would I know if I’m succeeding or not month to month?
11. What’s the toughest part of the job?
12. If I were hired for the position, what would be the ideal starting date?
13. What would I be expected to accomplish in my first month/year on the job?
14. How important is this position to the company’s growth?
15. Can you show or tell me examples of projects the person in this role with be working on?
Questions To Ask About The Company
- What is the company’s work culture like?
- Who are the ideal customers of the company?
- Why do your customers choose you over your competitors?
- How does the company attract sales or develop client relationships?
- What kind of leadership/management style do you promote in the company?
- What do you and other employees like most about working here?
- If you could change one thing about the company, what would it be?
- How open is the company to ideas and suggestions?
- Where do you see the company in the next five years?
- What are the company’s strengths and weaknesses compared to its competition?
- Who is your biggest competitor and what are the key differences?
- Why do you think people leave the company?
- What’s the most unique thing about working in this company?
- How do you encourage employees and keep them motivated?
- What are the qualities of the most successful employees here?
Questions To Ask About The Team
31. How is the structure of the team?
32. Are there any ways the team’s work culture differs from the company’s work culture?
33. How many people are in this team or department?
34. Does the team work collaboratively or independently?
35. How important is this team or department function to the company?
36. What does the team/department work relationship look like?
37. How do you ensure that each team member is doing quality work?
38. In what area does the team need improvement?
39. What are some of the team/department’s greatest success stories in the past couple of years?
40. What is the greatest asset of this team?
I wish you good luck in your current or next job interview!