According to the dictionary, a pathological liar is “a person who lies compulsively usually for no external gain or benefit and often with detrimental consequences.” A person who is a pathological liar will fabricate a complete falsification which is typically overreaching and complicated. The person who is lying is usually aware they are lying, while other pathological liars may actually convince themselves that they are telling the truth.
Although lying is morally wrong, everyone does it. It is a part of our human nature. What sets most of us apart from pathological liars is the fact that a pathological liar is provoked by a chronic tendency to tell lies. Pathological liars are not provoked by any kind of social pressure. Their tendency to lie is usually an innate personality trait. A pathological liar likes to “big themselves up”, so to speak, by telling lies that present them as either a hero or a victim.
Dating someone who is a pathological liar is
unhealthy and dangerous. It can impact your
ability to trust people, It can also be detrimental to any future relationships you may have. If you think you may be dating a pathological liar, here are eight signs to watch out for. Please note that if you feel you’re in an abusive relationship or if you
think your partner needs professional health, you should consult with a medical professional.
1. Contradictions: Pathological liars are usually very inconsistent with their stories. Their lies often contradict each other and unravel over time. Remember, sometimes there is absolutely no personal gain for a pathological liar when they are
telling lies. Their lies are often pointless and their inconsistencies and contradictions in their stories highlight this.
2. Attention seeking: Pathological liars tell lies as a way to seek out attention. They will often go to extreme measures to gain the attention they want,
even if it means concocting ridiculous, elaborate stories that don’t make any sense or even seem too good to be true.
3. Defensiveness: Pathological liars lie in an attempt to manipulate you into thinking a certain way about them. If your partner becomes defensive when you question them about an inconsistency, it may mean that they are trying to hide something. If you notice that your partner gets angry when you question him or her, keep an eye out for the other signs on this list.
4. Asking you to repeat yourself: If you “call out” your partner for their lies or ask them a question about a lie they may have told you, they may ask you to repeat yourself. When a pathological liar is caught off guard, they try their best to buy some time to regroup and come up with another lie for the original lie they told. If they ask you to repeat yourself or ask you questions
about your questions, they could be trying to buy themselves some time.
5. Your partner spends time studying you: If your partner is a pathological liar, he or she will take the time to study you and learn your weaknesses so that it is easier for them to manipulate or take advantage of you. This will give your partner a better understanding of what lies he or she may be able to get away with as well as what you are more or less likely to believe.
6. They lack empathy: Empathy is defined as the ability “to understand and share another person’s experiences and emotions”. A pathological liar will
not feel remorse for their lies. They do not have the ability to be concerned about how they may hurt you. They do not think about how their lies may impact your life.
7. Unafraid of consequences: A pathological liar has no fear about the consequences of their lies
and how it may impact you or others. They will do whatever it takes to lie and manipulate, without fearing how it might affect anyone’s lives—even their own.
8. They are master liars: Pathological liars are great at what they do. They know how to create their own intricate web of lies. They fail in the fact that they are not able to stop, even when the lies
get more intricate and ridiculous. If you are able to detect a pathological liar’s web of lies, they will continue to make up other, more intricate lies to cover up their other lies.
Call +2349034012153 or Chat with us on whatsapp For Music Promo Only